Gas Transmission Northwest LLC has been asked by Portland General Electric Company (PGE) to seek a permit from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to construct a natural gas pipeline lateral in north-central Oregon to serve a proposed electric generation facility.
Natural gas transported on the proposed Carty Lateral will be used as a fuel to make electricity at the proposed Carty Generating Station, to be owned and operated by PGE. The electricity made at the plant will help meet the needs of PGE’s 800,000-plus customers.
Natural gas is an environmentally responsible fuel, and advances in drilling technology have vastly increased North American supplies. The proposed Carty Lateral will provide ready access to a steady supply of natural gas.
These dates are subject to change.
- April 2011 through February 2012: Gas Transmission Northwest (GTN) files Pre-Filing Request with the FERC, public consultation, agency consultation, land surveys, environmental studies
- July 31, 2012: GTN files certificate application with the FERC
- Spring 2013: FERC certificate received (March 14, 2013)
- Spring, Summer and Fall 2014: Construction activities (tentative)
- Fall 2014: Pipeline placed in service (tentative)
Repository for Project Information
Oregon Trail Library District
444 Main Street
Heppner, Oregon 97836
(Physical location is at the corner of Main and Baltimore in Heppner.)
If you have a question about the proposed Carty Lateral’s operations, or if you are looking for specific information please contact:
Gas Transmission Northwest LLC
One SW Columbia, Suite 475
Portland, OR 97258
Phone: 855.21CARTY (855.212.2789)
Gretchen Krueger, 832.320.5849
Terry Hook, 800.361.6522, ext. 7911